Nearshore Outsourcing is the comprehensive outsourcing of services and processes, established and agreed to with the customer, relating to external services provided in an adjacent region (country) or near to where the services are provided.
In the past five years, Portugal has been recognised as one of the most attractive destinations for IT and outsourcing services.
In the next three years, Lisbon will be one of the Web capitals of the world. In November 2016, 2017 and 2018, the city will host the Web Summit, a global event that will attract the attention of investors, technicians, entrepreneurs, the media, decision-makers and marketers. Giving this “responsibility” to the city of Lisbon and Portugal is a huge step towards consolidating the “technological culture” that our country has been developing for some time now.
Gartner has recognised Portugal in this regard and has ranked our country as one of the leading offshore IT service providers, and also recognised our potential as a nearshoring destination.
Within this area, Simple Solutions makes teams that are dedicated to project development, maintenance and support for ICT systems available to the Software Industry, especially in the Health sector, at an international level.
Nearshore has the following advantages, among others:
- Optimises costs;
- Reduces TOC by sharing resources;
- Reduces indirect costs;
- Leverages cheaper locations;
- Optimises processes;
- Consolidates tasks;
- Reduces defects;
- Always based on SLAs;
- Optimises the use of technology;
- Accelerates the deployment of new systems, ensuring greater efficiency;
- Reduces complexity in managing IT services;
- Centralises the application and processes ICT portfolio with a single team;
- Ensures that the behaviour and performance of critical applications are predictable and that they operate continuously;
- Reduces the number of suppliers and leverages the strengths of global partnerships (economies of scale);
- Manages and controls contracts at a service level, not on time-based resources.